A Patron member joins the co-op because they want to support the brew pub by drinking and eating there. Patron members receive a dividend based on the amount of money spent at the co-op. The dividend comes in the form of credit to be used in the future at the Co-op. The patron membership is NOT a financial investment.
In other words, if you eat and drink a lot at Foremost, as a patron member you will get a lot of credit for free beer and food the following year. If you eat and drink only a little, you will only get a little bit of credit for the following year.
In addition to a dividend based on purchases, Patron members also receive one vote in the affairs of the cooperative. The membership holds the following powers:
- election and removal of directors
- passage of advisory resolution for consideration by the Board
- and all other rights given to them in the bylaws
What does it cost?
The investment level for patron members who become members before we open our doors for business is $150 for an individual membership and $250 for a joint membership (two people of the same household).
Members who become members before we open our doors for business are considered “founding” members and will receive a founding member T-shirt and pin.
After we open our doors for business, memberships will increase to $200 for an individual membership and $300 for a joint membership. The patron membership investment is a one-time fee. In addition to voting rights and dividends (refunds) based on purchases made, patron members receive the following benefits:
- Your name on the Founders tribute wall
- Member-only happy hour pricing
- A free pint the week of their birthday
- A free pint the week of their membership anniversary
- An exclusive Foremost Brewing Founders t-shirt
- An exclusive Founders pin